Amaranth, Poblano and Corn Omelet
Fear no more, this amaranth omelet will make your day and if you like it hot you can leave the poblano seeds for that extra kick.
Author: The Artisan Cookery
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbs milk
- ⅓ cup finely sliced onion
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup popped amaranth
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted, skin and seeds removed, cut in strips
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt, pepper
- In a small pan, sauté the onion, add the amaranth, corn and the poblano strips. Cook stirring frequently for about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, add the milk and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, in a medium nonstick pan, heat a little oil, add half of the egg mix. Tilt the pan to coat the bottom. When the egg starts setting, add the amaranth, corn and poblano mixture, add a little shredded cheese and cover the pan until the egg is set.
- With a spatula gently lift the edges of the egg and fold it in half. Serve immediately.