Rice and Vegetables with Amaranth
Delicious and healthy rice and vegetables with popped amaranth as source of protein
Author: The Artisan Cookery
- 1cup diced carrots
- 1 cup shredded broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cauliflower
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- ½ small onion, finely sliced
- 8 slices of bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup popped amaranth
- 3 cups white rice, cooked
- Salt and Pepper
- Soy sauce
- In a large pan fry the bacon, add the onion and sauté.
- Add the vegetables, stirring occasionally, until they are crisp.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs in a bowl and mix with the amaranth, season with salt and pepper then fry in a skillet with a dash of oil. Cook and stir until eggs are set but still moist.
- Mix the eggs with the vegetables and the cooked rice.
- Add soy sauce to taste.