Amaranth Breaded Fish
Fish and amaranth load this dish with Omega-3 for one healthy meal with some awesome vegetables.
Author: The Artisan Cookery
- 1 cup popped amaranth
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbs granulated chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 4 small Tilapia fish fillets
- In a shallow dish combine the amaranth, chicken bouillon, garlic and parsley flakes. Mix well. In another shallow dish combine the flour and the pepper. In a bowl whisk the egg.
- Dip one fish at a time, first in the flour, then in the egg and last in the amaranth mixture. Make sure both sides are well coated.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan. Over low-medium heat, fry the fillets, on both sides, until the fish is cooked (flakes easily with a fork).
- Serve with steamed vegetables on the side.